KIRA ALEXANDRA MULSHINE
I'm a Product Manager at IBM and writer on the side. I'm always interested in opportunities to leverage my creativity, coursework and training, as well as my professional experience and passion for understanding why people do what they do and how this information can be used to enhance the human experience.
I completed my Masters in May 2018, so this section is being updated with more recent projects from that. There is much more to come!
The site itself was designed and developed by me and is a project I will continue to work on as I continue to teach myself to code.
Click on the below to review other projects.
5 1 8 - 7 9 6 - 3 6 3 8 | email@example.com
Interested in opportunities to leverage my creativity, coursework and training, as well as my professional experience and passion for understanding why people do what they do and how this information can be used to enhance the human experience.
IBM, New York, NY (July 2019 - Present)
Senior Product Manager, Project Whitespace, Watson IoT
- Project Whitespace is an IBM innovation incubator exploring ideas that fit in the whitespace between existing business units
- My role is in building out Project Whitespace and products within it that align with Watson IoT business priorities
IBM, New York, NY (July 2018 - June 2019)
- Manager of Watson Social Advertising, Watson Group Messaging and weather data in Watson Campaign Automation
- Research markets and users; develop and execute product roadmap and go-to-market plans
- Collaborate closely with engineering to define requirements for feature enhancements
- Partner with and enable sales and marketing with all product messaging and communication to clients; attend client meetings, write blog posts, create sales assets and attend and speak at conferences
- Lead creation of product documentation and work with information design to ensure it is clear to users
- Define and articulate strategy for product features and provide recommendations for where to invest resources
- Managed 7 person research team of product management and design new hires to identify areas to infuse AI into our advertising software to enable users to be better advertisers without added effort
- Project managed the end of life process for eMessage, a web-based enterprise scale marketing message solution
Moodring2.0, Pittsburgh, PA (January 2018 - Present)
Cofounder & CEO
- Conceived, designed, and directed the development of a mood tracking IoT product aimed at improving emotional awareness and connections with the people we care about most
- Lead all research, business development, strategy, and vision; define technical roadmap
- Contribute to creation of prototype, including developing of functioning iOS app, circuit design, and soldering
- Currently under development as part of a spin out project from Carnegie Mellon
Futurist Club of Carnegie Mellon, Pittsburgh, PA (January 2018 - May 2018)
Cofounder & Co-lead
- Defined mission, strategy and led events focused on bringing diverse groups together to discuss and ideate for far out future technologies and the implications of them.
The Estee Lauder Companies, New York, NY (September 2013 - August 2017)
Assistant Manager, Human Resources Business Partner
Bobbi Brown - Bumble and bumble.
Promoted July 2016
- Led employee relations, talent acquisition, performance management, career development, succession planning, compensation, compliance, benefits and programs for employees up to the Director level
- Evaluated effectiveness of programs/processes and recommend improvements and solutions
- Ensured alignment of HR activities with the strategic priorities of those channels and the Company
- Designed, developed and released internal HR website for Bobbi Brown employees, which improved employee engagement and decreased the amount of general HR inquiries our team received
- Designed, developed and actualized the Wellness Committee for Bobbi Brown employees. Co-Led committee
- Nominated to and participated in various internal design thinking task forces to improve efficiency and effectiveness of Global HR products and services for The Estee Lauder Companies
GenNEXT Global Engagement and Development Committee Chair (December 2015 - May 2017)
- In addition to my full time HR role, I also led ideation, development and execution of engagement and development initiatives for a Millennial employee resource group of over 1,000 global members
Associate, Human Resources
Bobbi Brown - Bumble and bumble.
Promoted July 2015
Coordinator, Human Resources (Bobbi Brown, La Mer, Jo Malone London) (September 2013 - June 2015)
Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh, PA (August 2017 - May 2018)
Masters of Integrated Innovation for Products and Services
Graduate Coursework: Integrated Product Development Methods, Business Models and Strategy, Product and Brand Management, User Research Methods, Internet of Things, IoT-In Depth, Applied Machine Learning, Integrated Product Development Capstone, Design for Manufacture and Environment, Leadership Challenge, Visual Processes, Engineering, Business, and Design Fundamentals
Moodring2.0 - Ongoing Project
Internet of Things Sprint Projects, March 2018
CHI2018 Design Competition, January 2018
McKinsey Case Competition, November 2017
Integrated Design Innovation Challenge, October 2017
Graduate School Projects, Fall 2017
Boston College Chestnut Hill, MA (September 2009 - May 2013)
Additional Coursework: Statistical Foundations in Data Visualization (NYU, 2017), Front End Web Development (General Assembly, 2016), Essentials of Digital Marketing (General Assembly, 2017)
Click on the titles below to open and read original pieces of creative writing authored by me
Below are various original sketches drawn by me
All in black pen ink, all circles
Concept sketch in pencil, Pressure Sensor Thermal Smart Sheets
Charcoal nature mood
Pencil sketch, dancers
60 seconds pen sketch, self portrait
Simplicity is brilliance.
Patience is potential.
Knowledge is power.
Persistence breeds success.
Beauty is subjective.
All ideas matter.
Reality is malleable.
Empathy enhances widsom.